Call centers rely on speed and efficiency to handle high call volume while minimizing call dropoff rates. However, call center agents still have their limits on speed and efficiency. That’s where software can help.
Automated systems can perform mundane and repetitive tasks like dialing, so that your agents can focus on the most critical part of the call – making personalized human connections with each lead.
There are many call center solutions, but auto dialer systems are near the heart of your call center. These systems will improve the efficiency of your outbound calling while decreasing your dropped call rate.
We will explore a few of the most essential auto dialing features and the best auto dialer software for 2022.
What is an Auto Dialer?
An auto dialer is software that goes through a list of leads and calls them automatically. Then, when the consumer answers their phone, the software will put them through to a live agent.
Some of the uses of auto dialer software include:
- Sales calls
- Support calls
- Prerecorded message calls
- Political campaigns
- Appointment reminders
Quality auto dialer systems perform more tasks than simply calling numbers on a list. They will also sort through contacts by eliminating calls to voicemail, no answers, and dial tones. Additionally, they can prioritize callers that previously didn’t reach an agent.
Why You Need Auto Dialer Software for Your Call Center
Auto dialing software streamlines your call center processes while maximizing your productivity. According to predictions, artificial intelligence will increase call center productivity by 35% by 2040.
Once you hit a certain call volume, a dialer is necessary for performing tasks at a speed and efficiency that your human agents just aren’t capable of without hiring a large team of call center agents (which oftentimes just doesn’t make financial sense).
For example, a critical call center benchmark is to answer 80% of your calls within 20 seconds with an average call duration of four minutes.
However, your agent performance will not always reach these benchmarks, especially if they have to manually dial calls and waste valuable time on the line with voicemail. That’s why workflow automation through software like auto-dialers is crucial to your success. Auto dialers can:
- Efficiently handle a large outbound call volume
- Decrease your call center agent downtime between calls
- Thoroughly track and manage your contact list
5 Types of Auto Dialers
There are five main auto dialers for call centers: predictive, power, progressive, preview, and Robo.
1. Predictive Dialing
Predictive dialing calls and screens multiple numbers at one time to ensure each agent has a live call waiting as soon as they hang up. As a result, the average predictive dialer can perform over 100 calls an hour. Predictive dialers use machine learning to identify how long your agents take on each call. The software can then predict when they will be ready for the next call.
- Eliminates downtime
- Screens abandoned calls, voicemail, and dial tones before handing the call to an agent
- Increases your center’s productivity
- Potential to lose valuable leads if no agents are available
- Increased chance of agent burnout
2. Power Dialers
Power dialers wait until an agent finishes one call before preparing the next contact on the list by pre-screening the numbers and then forwarding successful call attempts to a live agent. Quality power dialers call 60 to 80 contacts an hour.
- Decreased abandon rate as there is always an available agent
- Prescreened calls
- Longer idle time between calls
3. Progressive Dialers
Progressive dialers give your agents a middle ground between predictive and preview dialers. This option will automatically dial the next caller in the queue without your agent’s involvement. Some progressive dialers will display caller information on the screen for agents to read before speaking with the consumer. That display is a main differentiating factor between it and the power dialer.
- Focus on high-quality leads
- Doesn’t prescreen calls
4. Preview Dialer
A preview dialer allows an agent to see information about a consumer before dialing the number. It gives your contact center agents more control and can improve your efficiency as agents won’t waste time on leads that don’t fit your ideal customer profile. You can choose whether the agents have a predetermined amount of time to survey customer information or manually select when they are ready to make the call.
This dialer is ideal for situations where you need to understand the caller fully. For example, if you are calling about a specific request or need, you can appear more knowledgeable from the start without having to ask the customer to repeat their information.
- Focuses on high-quality leads
- Increases your understanding about consumers before speaking with them
- Increases the time between calls
- Doesn’t usually prescreen calls
5. Robo Dialer
A robot dialer is an automated call center solution that contacts hundreds of leads a day with automated messages. Agents can sometimes customize these messages for each lead or group of leads depending on the marketing campaign. Other times the software will customize the message automatically based on available contact information. Some even allow you to generate a text to voice message.
Because of the impersonal nature of Robo dialers, they are harder to effectively use in sales but are better for sending out mass messages or notifications to your audience.
Unfortunately, due to prevalent usage of robo dialers amongst unscrupulous telemarketing companies, they do have a somewhat negative image tied with spam calls.
- You can contact thousands of leads simultaneously
- Automated messages aren’t as personal as a live agent
- Poor reputation
The Most Important Features of an Auto Dialer
Here are eleven of the essential features of an auto dialer that helps your software perform seamlessly.
You should never use an auto dialer that offers a one-size-fits-all solution. Not all businesses are the same, and each one requires a specific set of rules for ensuring optimal center performance.
Some examples of customized aspects include:
- Average handle time of each call, so your auto dialer knows when to start calling the next lead
- Lead Transfer strategy such as round-robin or performance-based so your leads are matched with the best call center agent
- Automated message rules for choosing when your dialer plays an automated message versus forwarding the call to an agent
- Lead follow-up rules for when the caller hangs up or an agent can’t answer the call in time
Automated messages are essential for an auto dialer system when a live agent is not immediately available. If the consumer is left hanging on the other end of the phone, you risk losing them. However, you can increase your chances of conversion by playing a prerecorded message in place of an agent or until an agent arrives and can respond.
Interactive Voice Response
Interactive voice response is an automated message that allows users to interact with the dialer and provide information. For example, your auto dialer can use it to answer calls when all agents are busy so that consumers can still receive help or information. You can also use it to screen users by asking each caller to input their account number or interest level of your products.
Live Call Transfers
Sometimes your agents will act as the middleman. In these cases, they will call leads and gather information. If the consumer shows interest in your business, they can transfer the call to specialized agents who can finish the sales process or provide more details. This allows your call center agent to continue moving through your contact list with minimal interruptions.
Alternate Number Dialing
Your call center may find more success when using customized numbers to call leads. For example, consumers are more likely to respond to numbers with a local area code than an inbound call from a different state. Therefore, software that can generate a local caller ID can be a powerful tool for decreasing your call abandon rate.
Scheduled callbacks provide consumers with more control over when they speak to agents. For example, they can schedule another time for an agent to call them if they are busy during the original call.
The alternative to scheduled callbacks is immediate callbacks where your agents call the customer as soon as they are available. However, this method is not as convenient for consumers because it requires them to always keep their phone nearby as they don’t know when an agent will call.
Automatic call distribution sends inbound and outbound leads to available agents based on preset rules. For example, a basic system might distribute callers based on agent availability or by going down the list of call center agents so that each agent receives an equal number of leads.
However, more complex call distribution solutions will allow you to choose how your software distributes your leads. In this way, you can ensure your agents are matched with consumers based on their location or interest.
About 80% of Americans don’t answer unknown numbers. Instead, they might hang up on the number or let it go to their voicemail. A quality auto dialer can detect when a live person is on the line to ensure it only transfers live calls to agents.
If your auto dialer has answering machine detection, it can prevent those calls from moving to a live agent. Instead, it can use voicemail drop to send an automated message to the customer’s voicemail based on the specific campaign, number of call attempts, or purpose of the call.
Call disposition allows your agents to make notes on each call for future engagement. These notes include the call’s outcome, such as whether the call went to voicemail or if the number is no longer in service. Dialer software with easy call disposition means that your agents will spend less time inputting those valuable notes between calls.
Call tracking monitors and records all of your call center’s calls. These recordings have multiple uses, for example:
- Training future call center agents
- Monitoring your call center agent performance
- Tracking consumer behavior
- Collecting caller information
In the United States, about 4.7 million people work at least half of the time remotely. In addition, one survey showed that 59% of workers prefer an employer that offers a remote option. As a result, call centers can save money and increase their hiring potential by offering remote working capabilities.
How to Choose the Best Auto Dialer Systems for Your Call Center
There are dozens of auto dialer systems available, but not all the software is equally compatible with your company. Here are a few guidelines to follow when choosing the best auto dialer system for your call center.
Complies with Federal Cold Calling Regulations
Auto dialers can help you stay compliant with federal cold calling regulations and the Telephone Consumer Protection Act (TCPA). You should choose a system that syncs with the national do-not-call (DNC) registry to keep your company compliant.
Specific for Your Industry
Not every industry has the same benchmarks. For example, some industries will require longer handle times because of the more complex nature of the calls. Thankfully, there are many options for auto dialer systems, each designed to fill needs for specific companies.
Compatible for CRM Integration
Your customer relationship management (CRM) tool should be compatible with your auto dialer so you can seamlessly move leads from generation to distribution. Cloud-based software will collect and manage your customer information in one convenient location.
Many auto-dialers will come with their own integrated CRM system. However, if you want to connect it with other tools, you may still want to consider incorporating outside CRM software.
Integrating your auto dialer also ensures consistency when using an omnichannel approach to reach consumers. Additionally, you can prevent errors by synchronizing your customer information with the latest CRM updates, including new numbers, name changes, and customers on your do-not-call list.
Compatible with Other Software
Chances are, your auto dialer might not be the only software you use within your company. Therefore, before investing in an auto dialer, you should check with all your other company software to ensure their compatibility. This will keep your information synced and improve your customer’s experience as you can provide more seamless outbound calls. (Hint: any software, including your auto dialer, should ideally be integratable with the rest of your technology stack!)
Scalable with Your Business
Not all auto dialer systems have limitless capacities. Some are designed for working with small numbers. However, when you invest in software, you are also investing in your future. This means you don’t want to just find a system that works with your company now. You also want it to give you room for growth, such as an increased number of leads you are capable of handling.
Easy to Use
Your system needs to be user-friendly; otherwise, it will impact your company’s productivity and efficiency. Intuitive software will allow your call center agents to quickly view caller information and perform tasks with minimal interruption or searching. In addition, some software will include training materials to help your agents easily learn how to use the system.
The Top 12 Best Auto Dialer Software Systems in 2022
We will look at twelve of the top auto dialer software in 2022 to help you find the ideal solution for your business.
1. Pipes – The Best Lead Management Software
Pipes is an AI software system that helps unite your marketing campaign with your call center to increase the number of quality leads, resulting in more conversions. It seamlessly integrates with popular software, including Jornaya, TrustedForm, Zapier, and The Blacklist Alliance. As a result, you don’t have to worry about lost leads or wasted calls as it quickly moves leads from marketing to your call center while filtering out those that don’t fit in with your qualifications.
- Test different IVRs through automation
- Create custom rules to filter incoming calls
- Report on call metrics
- SMS and call scheduling
- TCPA compliant
- Book a free demo, then speak with an agent for a customized quote
2. Nextiva – The Best Integrated Software
Nextiva is a convenient and well-integrated option that helps unify your workplace using Go Integrator. It syncs with the most popular CRM systems, including HubSpot, Zendesk, and Salesforce. Additionally, it has multiple click-to-dial options that makes it easy for your sales reps to contact leads in an instant.
- Click to dial any contact from your CRM customer list
- Preview feature that lets you see details about leads before you call them
- Use your search history to find previous calls and directly dial from that list
- VoIP Solutions for voice and video calling, texting, faxing, and chat
- Essential Plan starting at $25.95/month per user
- Professional Plan starting at $30.95/month per user
- Enterprise plan starting at $40.95/month per user
- Ultimate Plan starting at $65.95/month per user
- Additional contact center plans are available with customized pricing according to your needs
3. PhoneBurner – The Most Flexible Software
PhoneBurner is one of the most flexible options with its remote platform and integrated sales CRM. It is compatible with Salesforce, HubSpot, Zapier, Zoho, Zoom, and other popular CRM platforms. In addition, through its connected platform, you can track your sales campaign contacts whether you reach them by phone or email.
- Supports remote work
- VoIP dialing
- Voicemail drop
- Call Recording
- Emails, link, and attachment tracking
- Standard Plan starting at $124/month per user
- Professional Plan starting at $149/month per user
- Premium Plan starting at $166/month per user
4. Five9 – The Most Comprehensive Platform
Five9 is a versatile and comprehensive platform that gives you different calling options such as predictive, power, progressive, and preview dialing. In addition, it integrates with leading CRM platforms, including Salesforce, NetSuite, and Oracle.
- Cloud-based software
- Predictive dialing
- Power dialer
- Progressive dialer
- Preview dialer
- Contact a sales expert for your personalized quote based on your company size and needs
5. RingCentral – The Most Global Option
RingCentral is an all-in-one solution that helps you manage your call center. It has multiple customizable plans based on your needs and company size so that you can find the best solutions for your business. In addition, you can integrate your system with Salesforce, Zendesk, and other popular CRM platforms. It is also compatible with Microsoft 365, Google Workspace, Slack, and more.
- Predictive dialing
- Data integration
- Video calling, fax, and audio-conferencing options
- TCPA compliant
- Works globally in over 100 different countries
- Essentials starting at $19.99/month per user
- Standard starting at $27.99/month per user
- Premium starting at $34.99/month per user
- Ultimate starting at $49.99/month per user
6. Genesys – The Best for an Omnichannel Approach
Genesys offers several products to help with workplace management, including their Genesys Cloud CX platform for contact centers. This software allows you to reach customers over your website, social media channels, and live chat in addition to the phone.
- Customized call routing
- Multichannel approach available
- Predictive dialing
- Call center analytics
- Genesys Cloud CX 1 starting at $75/month
- Genesys Cloud CX 2 starting at $110/month
- Genesys Cloud CX 3 starting at $140/month
- Genesys Choice and Genesys DX – Contact sales for a customized quote for enterprise-level plans
7. Voicent – The Best Auto-Response Option
Voicent is another cloud-based software and CRM system that gives you multiple options for inbound and outbound calls. In addition, Voicent’s software integrates easily for an all-in-one contact center solution.
- Omnichannel contact solutions
- Automatic call tracking
- Auto responses
- Predictive and auto dialer
- Subscription fee starting at $19/month per user
- Calling plans are additional, ranging from 4 cents/credit for pay as you go to $375 a year for 25,000 credits (one credit equals one minute of call time)
8. NICE CXone – The Best for Agent Management
NICE provides multiple call center solutions to help you manage your agents and connect to consumers. Their CXone platform is open cloud software that gives you more control over your contact center. You can also easily integrate their call center software with other NICE solutions for a seamless customer journey.
- Omnichannel routing
- Customer analytics
- Scalable platform
- Automated tasks
- Contact NICE inContact sales for a customized quote, so you only pay for what you need
9. Talkdesk – The Best for Customer Experience
Talkdesk is a customer-first company that offers auto dialer services built around the customer experience. They use AI to automate every step of the customer’s journey, streamlining the process and increasing your conversion rate. Their solutions are enterprise-level and include several integrated applications to improve your call center and unify your team.
- Omnichannel engagement
- Automated self-service options
- Collaborative tools for your team
- Analytic tools for collecting and analyzing metrics
- CX Cloud Essentials starting at $75/month per user
- CX Cloud Elevate starting at $95/month per user
- CX Cloud Elite starting at $125/month per user
- Experience Clouds’ quote is available by contacting the sales team
10. CallHub – Most Diverse Options
CallHub is a very flexible option that offers something for nearly every business. They have auto dialer features that allow you to use four of the five types of auto dialers. They also provide flexible payment plans that fit every budget so you are only paying for what you use.
- Predictive, power, preview, and Robo dialer options
- Unlimited agent accounts
- Analytics and call tracking
- Pay as you go
- Lite starting at $0 – then pay as you go
- Essentials starting at $199/month
- Scale starting at $499/month
- Enterprise available upon request
11. ContactSPACE – Most Intuitive Platform
ContactSPACE is one of the most straightforward call center software solutions to set up and use. It offers training and step-by-step guides. Once you are up and running, you can use its many filters and lead categorization tools to ensure your agents focus on only the best quality leads. Not only can you categorize your leads, but you can also distribute them based on agent performance, so your leads are matched with the most compatible call center agent.
- Predictive, progressive, and preview dialer
- Easy to set up
- Lead filters and categories
- Agent performance monitoring
- Silver starting at $105/month per user
- Gold starting at $139/month per user
- Platinum starting at $175/month per user
- Diamond starting at $239/month per user
- Custom plans are also available when you contact the sales team
12. ChaseData – The Best Value Dialer Software
ChaseData is an auto dialer service provider that brings an all-in-one call center solution for an affordable price. In addition, they have plans for every size business so that anyone can have a chance to invest in a quality call center dialer.
- Predictive dialing
- Single click customized disposition
- Easy to use
- Multichannel tools
- Free Auto Dialer Software Trial for $0
- Small Business starting at $89/month per user
- Professional starting at $139/month per user
- Enterprise starting at $169/month per user
Find the Best Outbound Dialer Software for Your Company
You will save your business valuable time and money by investing in a software dialer that allows your agents to handle more calls more efficiently. At Piples.ai, we understand the important role that humans play in call centers which is why our software ranks highly as the best platform for connecting your sales team to leads for a higher conversion rate.
You can try our platform for yourself by booking a free demo to see how we can transform the way you reach your leads.